Do you have back pain that started during quarantine?
Or even an old injury that has crept back up since working from home?
Are you working in a less than optimal home office? All these questions can be addressed quickly with these simple tips and tricks from our physical therapists at AID Performance PT.
Tips to Find a Comfortable Chair:
1. Use a chair with a back. Good posture is extremely important to prevent back and neck pain.
2. Add a pillow or couch cushion to improve comfort by sitting on it or placing behind your low back.
3. Always strive for 90 degree angles at your elbows, hips, and knees when choosing a chair.
Don’t have a standing desk? Try this simple DIY standing desk at home today to help prevent the aches and pains of working from home.
Tips to DIY a Standing Desk:
1. Stack shoe boxes on your kitchen counter to reach a comfortable height
2. Stand in rubber soled shoes or on a standing mat to relieve pressure on your feet
3. Place a book or box on the ground to put your feet up on to relieve pressure on your low back